Intel embedded NICs not working with FreeBSD 6.2, 6.3 and 7.0

Andre Oppermann andre at freebsd.org
Tue May 27 20:24:25 UTC 2008

Jack Vogel wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Fuchs, Martin
> <martin.fuchs at trendchiller.com> wrote:
>> Hi !
>>

>> I am in contact with Chris Buechler because of pfSense and we he told me
>> to contact Jack Vogel because of some Intel NIC driver problem.
>
> The FreeBSD fxp driver was not written by Intel and I have had nothing
> to do with it in my tenure in this position.
>
> The real maintainer of that driver should help you.... :)

fxp(4) doesn't have a real maintainer anymore.  I've sent a nice
collection of fxp cards and revisions thereof to Pyun YongHyeon
in hope of tricking him to become the future maintainer.  He's
pretty busy with more recent gigabit cards though and I'm not sure
when/if he can assume that role.

--
Andre