[em][panic] recursed on non-recursive mutex em0

Neil Hoggarth neil at hoggarth.me.uk
Sat May 24 07:35:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Jack Vogel wrote:

>>> I opened PR kern/122928 last month, describing my problems with Intel
>
> OPPS, I think I found the problem, look for a delta on if_em.c shortly.
>
> Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Thanks. I picked up delta 1.184.2.3 to if_em.c on Thursday morning. The
system no longer panics on watchdog timeout, but the original problem from
PR kern/122928 remains - once a watchdog timeout occurs the interface no
longer seems to receive packets and never properly recovers, short of
rebooting the system (or perhaps the watchdog timeout is actually a
symptom of whatever has "got stuck", rather than a cause?).

The PR is still in "feedback" state, but I think I've provided the
requested information. Is there anything else that I can do to help
progress this?

Regards,

Neil.