Problems with netgraph

Oleksandr Samoylyk oleksandr at samoylyk.sumy.ua
Sat May 10 15:00:32 UTC 2008

Alexander Motin wrote:
> Oleksandr Samoylyk wrote:
>> Alexander Motin wrote:

>>> This is not an issue any more for mpd.
>>> Originally multiplexing based on peers addresses by socket binding
>>> and connecting was used. There was only problem with multiplexing
>>> multiple calls inside the same tunnel (having the same peer addresses).
>>> Recent time (ng_pptpgre.c rev. 1.41 of Mar 24 2008) I have improved
>>> ng_pptpgre node to do multiplexing alike to the ng_l2tp node does and
>>> the latest mpd-5.1 is able to use this feature when it is present at
>>> a build time.
>>>

>>  * $FreeBSD: src/sys/netgraph/ng_pptpgre.c,v 1.40.2.1 2008/03/30
>> 08:01:26 mav Exp $
>
> As I can see you have build mpd before system build. Probably mpd was
> built on a system without this feature present yet:
>
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Sat May  3
> 12:40:02 EEST 2008
> xxxxx at xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XXXX  amd64
>
> # mpd5 -v
> Version 5.1 (root at xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx 09:53  1-May-2008)
>
> Try to rebuild mpd to be sure it uses this feature. Also you can check
> this by observing the name of any ng_pptpgre hook used. If it is
> "upper", then ng_pptpgre multiplexing is not used and if it is
> "session_hhhh" then OK.

I just tried to rebuild it one more time:

# uname -a
FreeBSD xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Mon May  5
01:11:23 EEST 2008    xxxxx at
xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XXXX  amd64

# mpd5 -v
Version 5.1 (xxxxx at xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxx 17:38 10-May-2008)

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mpd5 restart
Stopping mpd5.
Waiting for PIDS: 604, 604, 604, 604, 604, 604, 604.
Starting mpd5.

I'll see if anything will change.

--
  Oleksandr Samoylyk