carp and vlan interfaces recovery issue

Christopher Cowart ccowart at rescomp.berkeley.edu
Fri May 9 19:13:50 UTC 2008

David DeSimone wrote:
> Christopher Cowart <ccowart at rescomp.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Notice that both carp interfaces are running in "BACKUP" mode on box1,
> > even after some period of waiting.  I would expect things to return to
> > the initial state.
>
>     net.inet.carp.preempt=1  ?

They return to the initial states when I perform the down/up on the
physical parent interface without turning on preempt. My point was the
behavior when moving a vlan from down to up is different from moving the
physical interface from down to up; I don't think they should be.

--
Chris Cowart
Network Technical Lead