read() returns ETIMEDOUT on steady TCP connection

Andre Oppermann andre at freebsd.org
Wed May 7 22:54:26 UTC 2008

I've looked at the code paths again.  There are two possibilities:

  a) the mbuf allocator has some anomaly where it rejects memory requests
     but doesn't update the statistics (the code is there however).

  b) the error doesn't come from the mbuf allocation but from ip_output()
     and further down the chain.

To differentiate please try this updated patch and report the log output
again (don't forget to set net.inet.tcp.log_debug=1):

  http://people.freebsd.org/~andre/tcp_output-error-log.diff

--
Andre