Problems with netgraph

David DeSimone fox at verio.net
Wed May 7 04:41:09 UTC 2008

Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> wrote:

> unfortunatly I've been totally  ignoring this thread because it said
> "trouble with em" in the topic..
> If you'd said "trouble with mpd" then maybe I'd have looked earlier..

In the poster's defense, the only symptom that started this was this
info from ps:

  PID USERNAME  THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE  C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
   29 root        1 -68    -     0K    16K CPU5   5 196:41 100.00% em0 taskq

So tracking it down to mpd has been a process of elimination in figuring
out why packets absorb so much CPU.

David DeSimone == Network Admin == fox at verio.net
"This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom
 it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential
 or legally protected.  If you are not the intended recipient or have
 received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, dis-
 tribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments.  Please
 notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete
 this message and any attachments.  Verio, Inc. makes no warranty that
 this email is error or virus free.  Thank you."  --Lawyer Bot 6000