em1: Unable to allocate bus resource: memory

jonathan at kc8onw.net jonathan at kc8onw.net
Thu May 1 08:17:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 00:55, Jack Vogel wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:49 PM,  <jonathan at kc8onw.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 1, 2008 00:09, Jack Vogel wrote:
>>
>>> I am hoping to MFC the em/igb drivers in HEAD soon, it would be
>>> helpful to me, and to everyone, if as many get out and test that
>>> driver as possible.
>>
>> Can we just "csup -i src/sys/dev/em/ supfile" on a 7-stable system or
>> are there other changes that need to happen as well?
>>
>> Jonathan
>>

> hmmm, I'm not sure, I don't usually do that on a small directory, there
> are changes to files and Makefile. It depends if you are going to build as
> a module or static in the kernel?

I grabbed the dev/em folder for current, commented out the missing file in
the makefile and would up with a bunch of errors like ": undefined
reference to `e1000_pci_set_mwi'".

Not as simple as I hoped :P  Any ideas short of migrating the entire
system to -head?  I'd rather stay on 7 with patches if needed as this
system needs to be reliable for extended periods of time.

Thanks,
Jonathan