/etc/exports and IPv6 networks

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 20 14:36:47 PDT 2008

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Doug Barton wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I spent a fair amount of time today reading through the man pages and
> source code and could not find any way of specifying an IPv6 network
> in /etc/exports as you can with v4 and -network/-netmask. Am I missing
> something? If not, is this an update that is on someone's list
> somewhere?

Something like this has worked for me:
/usr -maproot=root -network AAAA:BBBB:CCCC:DDDD:EEEE:: -mask ::0

One thing I have run into was that an install of a kernel over NFS using
IPv6 can stall the mount.  I have not had time to look into it, so I do
not know what exactly triggers it (number of bytes or files?).  It has
always been while copying a kernel module.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org