kern/121720: [wpi] wpi doesnt work if kernel has options SCHED_ULE

Andrew Lankford lankfordandrew at charter.net
Mon Mar 17 00:20:02 PDT 2008

The following reply was made to PR kern/121720; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Lankford <lankfordandrew at charter.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, Helko.Glathe at freenet.de
Subject: Re: kern/121720: [wpi] wpi doesnt work if kernel has options SCHED_ULE
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 02:49:43 -0400

 Same problem here with my 7-STABLE machine.  Settling for SCHED_4BSD did
 the trick.  If this is a problem with the driver, then perhaps a MFC of
 some recent (as in several days old) "stability fixes" to the wpi source
 will fix the problem:
 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/wpi/if_wpi.c

 wpi in STABLE has panicked my laptop at least once.

 If you're impatient, I imagine that the latest cvs patches may work with
 7-STABLE.

 Andrew Lankford