VLAN Speed set to 0

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Tue Mar 11 08:05:31 PDT 2008

On Tue, March 11, 2008 11:34 am, Fazal Ahmed Malik wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I have FreeBSD 5.2 working as router. Now I have created vlans on freebsd
> and cisco switch. All is working perfect only problem while monitoring
> vlan
> interfaces on freebsd with snmp. When I run snmpwalk vlan interface speed
> is
> set to zero hence vlan interfaces are commented out in mrtg configuration
> file. Please help if some one has found out any solution to this problem.
>

> Thanks in advance for the help.
>

> Fazal Ahmed Malik

Dear Fazal,

Can you please upgrade to RELENG_6 (6.3-RELEASE) or to RELENG_7
(7.0-RELEASE)? This is because FreeBSD 5.2 is no longer supported, long
time overdue. We are currently at RELEASE 5.5 for the 5 Branch which is
EoL in 2 months (may). You are strongly advised to use RELENG_7 where
possible.

Thanks,
Remko

--
/"\   Best regards,                      | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko at EFnet