Understanding where dummynet fits into an ipfw ruleset

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 07:43:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Ian Smith <smithi at nimnet.asn.au> wrote:
> It's not clear to me what's not working from your example rules above?

I never said anything wasn't working.  I was just looking for
information to better understand how things work together, and to get
a general feeling of where the queue rules would have to go.

> Given using one_pass=1, that should go.  And using one_pass=0, you
> should only need to also add as say rule 150:
>
>  150 allow ip from 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2 in recv em0

I'm starting to better understand how one_pass affects things.  And I
think I get, now, where to put the queue rules.

I won't be doing any of the actual testing or implementation until
July.  I was just looking for more info on how to set things up.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com