FreeBSD 7.0: sockets stuck in CLOSED state...

Ali Niknam freebsd-net at transip.nl
Fri Jun 27 06:49:37 UTC 2008

Hi Eygene,

> Just a quick "me too" message: I also used to see this on my 7.x
> machines.  This was with Apache servers in the proxy setup: one

I'm wondering: where these 32 bit, or 64 bit machines?

> I had already tried to debug this situation and Mike Silbersack
> helped me with patching the kernel.  At that days his patches (that
> went into 7.x) helped, but with higher request rate to the Apache,
> they seem to be back again.  I can try to setup the testbed and
> verify if I will still be able to reproduce them.  Will it be needed?

Well, if your machine was indeed 64 bit, I for one would be very
interested in knowing if it also appears in 32 bit.

Although perhaps a little far fetched a recent experience has made me
aware that 64-bitness just might break things :)

Kind Regards,

Ali