Seeking help understanding my "emX: watchdog timeout" messages

Rudy crapsh at monkeybrains.net
Sat Jun 21 19:50:59 UTC 2008

Jack Vogel wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Support (Rudy) <crapsh at monkeybrains.net> wrote:
>> Jack Vogel wrote:
>>> ... can you switch and run the interface in non-polled, in fact if
>>> possible using
>>> MSI??

At 5pm yesterday, I disabled polling.  I've had about the same frequency of 'timeouts'
  Jun 21 09:28:29 mango kernel: em2: watchdog timeout -- resetting
  Jun 21 11:02:55 mango kernel: em2: watchdog timeout -- resetting
  Jun 21 11:38:18 mango kernel: em4: watchdog timeout -- resetting

em2 and em4 are outbound heavy while the other emX on the box are inbound...

I missed the boat with MSI.  :)  When did that become the people's choice over DEVICE_POLLING?

Rudy