if_vlan subinterfaces at boot

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Tue Jun 17 07:38:24 UTC 2008

Steve Bertrand wrote:
> Brooks Davis wrote:

> If anyone can provide me with information on specific working groups or
> locations that I can directly obtain information for certain areas
> without disturbing the list, I would be appreciative.
>
> Currently, I am deeply focused on the above, and:
>
> - 7.0 and IPv6 jails
> - work/compliance within the scope of RFC 4861 & 4862
> - implementation regarding RFC 3484
> - how a user (granted, 'user' in this case fully understands that most
> all hands on deck are not paid for their 'job') can find out when/if
> drafts are being considered:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-addr-select-ps-08.txt

I'd like to thank those who have emailed me off-list regarding my inquiries.

I have been provided information regarding my general questions that
large portions of certain specifications are either already in -current,
or are in the process to be added to the tree.

To those who responded: thank you. I'm ecstatic about implementing the
new changes so I can compare them to the current standards and I-Ds.

Nice to know that the underlying changes will aid in my IPv4 goals, but
at the same time push forward my 'one small step' toward IPv6 compliance
(even though I am still in a pocket).

Steve