Status of Multi-Queue (RSS) Support in -CURRENT

David Christensen davidch at broadcom.com
Mon Jul 21 17:36:13 UTC 2008

I'm working on implementing multi-queue support for a 10Gb
device on FreeBSD and I wanted to find out the current state
of the OS with regards to supporting this.  It seems that
support for multiple receive queues can be done today since
most of the routing is done in hardware but the transmit
side is a different story.  I've seen some things in the
cxgb driver that suggest changes to the OS (such as a
m_pkthdr.rss_hash field) but I don't see any OS code to
back that usage model up.  What's the state of the art
in multi-queue support for FreeBSD?

Dave