Tunneling issues

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Jul 9 15:45:41 UTC 2008

At 11:21 AM 7/9/2008, zaphod at fsklaw.com wrote:

>I agree it should work.  But it's not.  With respect to the next two
>questions, yes and yes.

Can you post some of the configs you are using for 3 of the sites so
we can perhaps spot the problem(s) you are having ? I have a similar
setup with 5 sites, all talking to each other via IPSEC tunnels. Its
a lot of policies, but they work just fine.

>I'm not a huge fan of OpenVPN, but the bigger issue is that the gif
>tunnels come up at boot up. As well as routes.  Given the client server
>nature of OpenVPN it is suitable, because if a server reboots, I'm not
>certain a client would auto re-connect.

We have ~ 400 sites running OpenVPN across Canada that all reconnect
just fine after reboots / power cycles etc.  We dont let the clients
talk to each other, but that would just be a config change to allow
that to work.

         ---Mike