tcp-md5 check for incomming connection

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Wed Jan 30 00:45:08 PST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:

Hi,

> Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> linux does already support tcp-md5 checks for incomming connections, but
>> freebsd not.
>>
>> I would like to implement this feature into freebsd.
>> Any hints/wishes/considerations that I should consider?
>
> Someone(tm) keeps threatening to do this every 9-12 months, but I've yet to
> see patches.

As a result of fixing tcp-md5 end of last year,

both of this (incoming validation + SPD integ) is on my TODO list on
position 10 (I am currently working on item 3) and there is more ipsec
work in the middle.

I also have tcp-md5 for IPv6 implementation on the same card.

I am willing to help or review patches in case someone wants to do it
now.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.