vm_zone corruption 4.x

Karim Fodil-Lemelin kfl at xiplink.com
Sun Jan 27 07:53:27 PST 2008

Doug Barton wrote:
> Karim Fodil-Lemelin wrote:
>
>>    I have stumbled into a strange problem where my FBSD 4.x box
>
> FreeBSD 4.x is no longer supported. Your best bet at this point would
> be to evaluate the 7.0 release candidates, since that branch has a lot
> of both stability and performance enhancements.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Doug

Going to the latest FreeBSD version is certainly in the pipeline but
unfortunately, it is not that easy for me to switch to a more recent
version of FreeBSD. This box is out in the wild and is certainly being
attacked by random port/scanning/worms traffic. I was wondering if there
might be someone that would remember having a similar experience back on
4.x.