cvs commit: src/sys/netinet tcp_syncache.c

Andre Oppermann andre at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 25 16:14:10 PST 2008

Maxim Konovalov wrote:

>>> That is not necessary.  A tcpdump from current is fine.
>>>
>> OK, later this evening (UTC+3).
>>
> http://maxim.int.ru/stuff/adsl.dmp.gz
>
> 192.168.1.1 -- adsl box
> 192.168.1.250 -- FreeBSD

The trace looks perfectly fine with regard to timestamps.  They are sent
and properly reflected by the adsl box.  Everything else looks fine too.
No anomalies seen.

The syncache check for timestamps wouldn't be triggered anyway because
it only applies to incoming connections.  Not segments in general.
Connections initiated by the FreeBSD box never go through syncache.

To track down the problem you saw back then, which is very probably
unrelated to the syncache issue, I would need a trace of a failed
connection.  For that you need to downgrade.  If you can find time
for the downgrade I'm happy to find the root cause.

--
Andre