pptp question: managing routes on windows client connected to VPN

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Thu Jan 24 17:07:59 PST 2008

Hi,
I am using poptop-1.3.4 on FreeBSD 6.1. Right now when a windows client
connects to VPN, it sets its end-point address as default gateway, that
means all traffic goes through us. Is there some way to make windows
create a specific route, instead of default route? Maybe it's
only possible to get it to work only with the end-point tunnel address?

If the above can't be done and we have to stick to default route, can we
bandwidth-limit or clock certain traffic? I am not quite sure as to what
interface firewall rules are to be applied. It may be a little OT, but I
posted the question in poptop-server mailing list first and did not get
any replies there... Thanks in advance.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk