duplicate packet using divert

Stephen Clark Stephen.Clark at seclark.us
Wed Jan 23 06:52:52 PST 2008

Stephen Clark wrote:
> Chuck Swiger wrote:
>> On Jan 22, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Stephen Clark wrote:
>>> does anyone have a program that uses the divert socket to duplicate
>>> an incoming packet so it can be
>>> sent to another address.
>>
>> Well, I assume you could start with the ipfw "tee" directive and
>> /usr/src/sbin/natd ...?
>>
> Thanks Chuck - I have been thinking the same thing - just thought
> someone may have already
> done this.
>
> Steve

Hi Chuck,

ipfw add 50 tee natd udp from any to 20.x.x.120 dst-port 14050 in
natd -verbose -a 20.x.x.120 -redirect_address 10.0.129.101 20.x.x.120

this seems to do the trick.

Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)