help

Tom Judge tom at tomjudge.com
Mon Jan 21 11:20:09 PST 2008

David DeSimone wrote:

>>> Configure the second with a /32 prefix (netmask 255.255.255.255)
>>> instead of the usual netmask.
>> Surely this configuration will cause all the reply's to be routed out
>> of re0 without some form of pfil layer manipulation?
>
> If both nic's are connected to the same broadcast domain, what
> difference does it make which nic sends the traffic?

This could cause some arp related issues at the other end?  What if the
remote end point updates its arp entry because it thinks the remote
endpoints address has changed (as it has a direct route to the network
i.e. it has an IP in 10.200.1/24).

It may be worth the original OP investigating if_lagg as it may provide
some better solutions.

Tom