7.0-RC1 onboard em1 intel pro1000 vanishing occasionally

Andrew Snow andrew at modulus.org
Mon Jan 21 04:01:30 PST 2008

Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> We've same issue w/Supermicro boards if IPMI daughterboard installed. A
> problem looks as PHY reg reads/writes fails.

Ahh, that explains it, thanks.

The management cards seem to cause multiple problems with the FreeBSD em
driver over time.  I don't want to give up the IPMI cards so I'll just
keep using system reset to get em1 working, it usually only takes 1 or 2
resets.

My IPMI card has an option for external/dedicated LAN port so I might
try that also.

- Andrew