kern/112654: [pcn] Kernel panic upon if_pcn module load on a Netfinity 5000

Nagy Keve keve at mail.duf.hu
Mon Jan 14 00:10:08 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR kern/112654; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Nagy Keve" <keve at mail.duf.hu>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/112654: [pcn] Kernel panic upon if_pcn module load on a Netfinity 5000
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:06:42 +0100

 An important update is that my earlier conclusion regarding the patch was f=
 lawed.
 The patch DOES WORK on RELENG_6, it gets rid of the kernel panic upon loadi=
 ng the module and it DOES FIND the appropriate cable media connected. I a=
 m still unable to explain what caused the "no carrier" issue during my ea=
 rlier attempts with this patch.
 So the concept is proved, this could be a proper fix if we can get the pcn =
 driver to use ns_phy instead of uk_phy. With the current patch both ns_ph=
 y and uk_phy shows up in dmesg, and I would rather see ns_phy only.