kern/117043: [em] Intel PWLA8492MT Dual-Port Network adapter EEPROM Checksum is Not Valid

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:10:23 PST 2008

Get 6.3 RC and then use the eeprom dump ability `sysctl dev.em.X.debug=2`

We have lots of these cards and do not see this problem, but this is also
a common type card that gets counterfeited and the fakes often have bogus
eeproms on them.

Its possible there is a real problem lurking here however, can you move
the adapter to different systems just to see if the problem happens
whereever the card is moved or if its system specific??

Regards,

Jack