Hping/Ping

Dave Raven dave at raven.za.net
Tue Feb 26 18:36:48 UTC 2008

I have set my icmplim to 1024. When it was 200 I would sometimes get a
warning about an OPEN port RST - which was also strange to me (that it was
open not closed). I suspected that it was because 5% of my packets where
being dropped though.

The server is under reasonable load (networking wise) around 80-90mbits, but
the processor is 75% idle..

The other strange this is that a reboot solves this, and it takes around 1-2
days to happen again..

Thanks
Dave