ospf cost and route selection (openospfd)

Josef Pojsl jp at tns.cz
Mon Feb 18 02:49:39 PST 2008

Hello Eygene,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 08:11:04PM +0300, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> I should more carefully study current OpenBSD CVS: the fix for your
> problem was committed 5 months ago.  Claudio mentioned it (and he
> is the author of the patch itself), but the fix didn't get into 4.2.
>
> The funny thing is that I had wrote simular (but lower quality) fix
> for the problem today and decided to look at the current OpenOSPFD
> code.  And looking at the last revision of ospfd/rde_spf.c I had
> found calls to calc_nexthop() that were very simular to mine ones ;))
>
> OK, to the point: the inlined patch should go to the 'files'
> directory, named 'patch-p2p_interfaces'.  I assume that all my
> previous patches to make 4.2 to compile and run were applied.

Thaks a lot, I have applied that patch and it works!
Ospfctl shows the right interface and routing table is correct as well.

I have tried that for my simple config with two machines
and two gre interfaces. The big picture of my test network
includes six machines and about twelve interfaces,
so I am about to spread that patch and start tests
of the whole thing.

Thanks again,
--
Josef