Newb needs help with netware (ncp)

Ed Saylor esaylor at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Mon Feb 11 05:52:40 PST 2008

I am trying to get my freebsd machine to mount a netware volume. The
netware version is 6.5 running pure TCP. No IPX running on server. When
I try mount_nwfs -A 204.111.42.194 /serv:admin/apps /mnt/serv I get an
error message which states: mount_nwfs: mount error: /mnt/serv: syserr =
No such file or directory

I have created a directory named serv under the mnt directory.

My fstab has the following line:

/serv:admin           /mnt/serv     nwfs    ro,noauto       0       0

I have rebuilt my kernel with NCP added by using the following lines

options         IPX                     #IPX/SPX communications
protocols
options         NCP                     #NetWare Core protocol
options         ETHER_II                # enable Ethernet_II frame
options         ETHER_8023              # enable Ethernet_802.3 (Novell)
frame
options         ETHER_8022              # enable Ethernet_802.2 frame
options         ETHER_SNAP

I have researched this error until I have hit a dead end. This is my
last hope for help. Thanks for any thoughts.