ospf cost and route selection (openospfd)

Josef Pojsl jp at tns.cz
Fri Feb 8 02:53:27 PST 2008

Hi Eygene,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 07:57:47PM +0300, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> OK, the first patch version is ready.  It compiles well and even
> starts for the trivial configuration.  I will try to test it for
> other configurations, but you may test it as well: I will appreciate
> it very much.
>
> One note: the provided patch if applied with the normal 'patch'
> utility can fail to remove deleted patches from the 'files' directory.
> The following files should not be present:
>
>   files/patch-ospfctl_parser.c
>   files/patch-ospfctl_parser.h

I did try the patch. Unfortunately, the deamon complains about sending packets
over gre interfaces. I cannot see any OSPF traffic on them with tcpdump,
and no routes get added. Look at what ospfd -dv says:

startup
if_del: interface gre31
if_del: interface gre30
orig_asext_lsa: 10.10.0.0/16 age 0
orig_asext_lsa: 10.20.0.0/16 age 0
orig_asext_lsa: 192.168.2.0/24 age 0
orig_rtr_lsa: area 0.0.0.0
orig_rtr_lsa: stub net, interface gre31
if_fsm: event UP resulted in action START and changing state for interface gre31 from DOWN to P2P
orig_rtr_lsa: area 0.0.0.0
orig_rtr_lsa: stub net, interface gre31
orig_rtr_lsa: stub net, interface gre30
if_fsm: event UP resulted in action START and changing state for interface gre30 from DOWN to P2P
send_packet: error sending packet on interface gre31: Invalid argument
send_packet: error sending packet on interface gre30: Invalid argument
spf_calc: area 0.0.0.0 calculated

Thanks,
--
Josef