ospf cost and route selection (openospfd)

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Thu Feb 7 08:57:51 PST 2008

Me again.

Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 05:58:32PM +0300, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 03:14:22PM +0100, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 08:49:44AM +0100, Josef Pojsl wrote:
> > > Thanks a lot for your remarks. I absolutely agree with you
> > > that all columns are correct except the Nexthop.
> > >

> > The nexthop selection for point to point links had a bug in versions
> > previous to 4.2. This should be fixed in the 4.2 and -current version of
> > OpenOSPFD.
>
> Thanks for confirming this: I had started to suspectethis after
> some code digging.  Will try to update the port to 4.2, so expect
> some patches "Really Soon" (tm) ;))

OK, the first patch version is ready.  It compiles well and even
starts for the trivial configuration.  I will try to test it for
other configurations, but you may test it as well: I will appreciate
it very much.

One note: the provided patch if applied with the normal 'patch'
utility can fail to remove deleted patches from the 'files' directory.
The following files should not be present:

  files/patch-ospfctl_parser.c
  files/patch-ospfctl_parser.h

Thanks!
--