em driver problems? taskq em goes up to 100% CPU

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Dec 31 23:27:39 UTC 2008

On 2008-Dec-30 07:58:58 -0800, ibmed <ibmed at mail.ru> wrote:
>There's two FreeBSD boxes that do ipfw nat.
>Both worked with natd until some time ago, when it became clear that we need
>a better solution. So I upgraded sources and recompiled to kernel to include
>ipfw nat features. The boxes have onboard msk-net cards that worked fine
>under natd.

When I ran into similar load issues, I switched to ipfilter because
the IPFW kernel NAT didn't exist at the time.  If you are unable to
find another solution, possibly you could try a different firewall.

>options DUMMYNET
>options IPDIVERT

Are you using dummynet or ipdivert functionality?

>fastforwarding is on, polling is off:
>net.inet.ip.fastforwarding: 1

Have you tried disabling fastforwarding?

What if your hardware configuration and how much traffic are you pushing
through the system?

--
Peter Jeremy