kernel network

Gerry Weaver gerryw at compvia.com
Tue Dec 30 19:04:16 UTC 2008

_____

From: Ferner Cilloniz [mailto:fernercc at gmail.com]
To: freebsd-net at freebsd.org
Sent: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 05:49:55 -0600
Subject: kernel network

Guys,

  I do not think I could ever be more tired of this topic but I cannot
  seem to understand what to do. I have tried more about a month now to
  send arbitrary UDP packets from a kernel module but cannot achieve it. I
  have looked at udp_send but found that building a socket* was much to
  tedious. Later i looked at in-kernel webservers
  (http://openketa.sourceforge.net/) but could not find anything useful.

  Netgraph is a possibility, but there isn't any documentation on
  accessing the network from kernel space.

  What do you all suggest?