vge driver does not work on a VIA EPIA EN12000EG

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 18:16:10 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 03:04:47AM +0100, Mam Ruoc wrote:
 > Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
 > >If you use vge(4) kernel module, rebuilding vge(4) is enough.
 > >If vge(4) is statically linked to kernel, rebuilding kernel is
 > >necessary(i.e. not whole source tree).
 >
 > Sorry for being stupid, but I did just install a clean install of
 > FreeBSD 7.0, kernel or driver only?
 >
 > If driver only, how do I do that?

First save your old vge sources and download the the files.

#cd /usr/src/sys/dev/vge
#cp -p if_vge.c if_vge.c.orig
#cp -p if_vgereg.h if_vgereg.h.orig
#cp -p if_vgevar.h if_vgevar.h.orig
#fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vge.c
#fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vgereg.h
#fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vgevar.h

And rebuild kernel and then reboot. You don't need to reinstall
FreeBSD.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon