Virtual machine on freebsd

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:35:00 PST 2008

On December 4, 2008 11:58 pm Antonio Tommasi wrote:
> Hi to all,
> i want to install a virtual machine on my FreeBSD 7.0 box. Can you tell
> me which is the better sofware to do this?

For a FreeBSD host, QEmu is the best supported option.

There's also Win4BSD, which is a customised/modified version of QEmu.  I've
seen several reports online of this being better/faster than QEmu.  I've
never personally been able to get it to work, though.

And that's pretty much it if you want full-OS virtualisation (ie, the VMs
have their own OS).  If you don't need that, and just want to run multiple
FreeBSD setups on one host, have a look at jail(8).

--
Freddie
fjwcash at gmail.com