FreeBSD Window updates

Venkat Venkatsubra venkatvenkatsubra at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 08:05:25 PST 2008

Hi Andre,

When delayed Ack is set the window update is not sent.
Does this mean when odd number of packets are received and later read,
a window update won't go out either till the next segment arrives or
200 msecs delayed ack timer ? Can this reduced window block the sender from
sending the next segment that we are waiting for to open up the window ?

What's the purpose of the 2 MSS check by the way ?

Venkat