Small patch to multicast code...

Bruce M. Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 22 02:46:01 UTC 2008

gnn at freebsd.org wrote:
>> The only thing i can think of is that it's the UDP checksum,
>> residing beyond hlen, which is overwritten somewhere in the
>> call to if_simloop -- in which case perhaps a better fix is
>> to m_pullup() the udp header as well ?
>>

> It is the checksum that gets trashed, yes.
> The m_*() routines actually have reasonable comments, it just seems
> the wrong one was used here.

Actually, m_copy() has been legacy for some time now -- see comments.

I'd be concerned that the change to m_dup() (which makes a full mbuf
chain copy) rather than m_copym() (which bumps refcounts) is going to
eat into the mbuf clusters on fast links, though it's an easy band-aid
for the problem.

I agree with Luigi that some of the API contract for mbuf(9) doesn't
hold any more now that we have TSO and other offload.

cheers
BMS