Issues with msk driver on 8-CURRENT amd64

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 08:30:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:45:48PM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
 > Hi Pyun!
 >       I know it's been a while since I responded, but after
 > reinstalling my system recently I noticed that the issue I mentioned
 > almost a year ago
 > (http://www.mavetju.org/mail/view_thread.php?list=freebsd-net&id=2570821&thread=yes)
 > with my Marvell chipset card has once again returned. In the interim I
 > was using x86, and I didn't suffer from any of the issues I have again
 > on x64, and I was using XP x64 but now I've switched over to Vista x64
 > on my client box.
 >       Subsequently, the only thing that's really changed on my system
 > is that I'm using CPUTYPE=nocona (for my Core 2 Quad proc).
 >       I'm using the 7-RELENG kernel right now (and not really enjoying
 > it, but it works -- yay?), but I'd like to help resolve the issue with
 > msk under CURRENT with x64 and my chipset.
 >       Standing by awaiting marching orders with tcpdump, netcat, and
 > pciconf at my side to help debug the issue :).

Would you please explain your issues with more information?
For instance,
 Can you see a valid link is established by msk(4)?
 Did both ends agree on established speed/duplex?
 What speed/duplex was chosen by msk(4)?
 Forcing speed/duplex have any effects?
 Turning off checksum offload or TSO have any effects?
 Did you use back-to-back connection without switch?
 tcpdump data for a broken connection might be help too.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon