HEADS UP: E1000 networking changes in STABLE/7.1 RELEASE

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Thu Aug 14 03:11:19 UTC 2008

Hi Jack.  Will the em driver ever support the multiple hardware queues
of the 82571 or are we just stuck with the standard em driver?
Has there been any significant change in the em driver itself ?
I have a feeling that the 82571 should be in the igb driver but for some
reason it isn't.
I am curious because we have a LOT of 4 port 82571 PCI-E cards and they
are not cheap.  :]

Thanks

Paul