IGMPv3 support

Bruce M. Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 15 06:38:31 UTC 2008

Martin Garon wrote:
> I am looking for a FreeBSD release with IGMPv3 and was surprised to find
> none.
>
> I know the KAME project added support for IGMPv3. Anyone knows why this was
> not imported back into the current sources? I was wondering if it had
> anything to do with reliability or rather with business mumbo-jumbo.

I am actively working on this right now. Please see the bms_netdev
branch in p4 for progress. The code there must be considered pre-alpha,
it's a development branch.

At the moment I am constructing baseline regression tests to make sure
that everything works according to spec. It's harder than it looks as
there are a few places where the delta-based vs the SSM API can lead to
inconsistency and the specs are not completely unambiguous.

cheers
BMS