TCP options order changed in FreeBSD 7, incompatible with some routers

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Wed Apr 9 08:25:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Anders Nordby wrote:

Hi,

> I had the same problem, and temporarily worked around it by disabling
> SACK:
>
> sysctl net.inet.tcp.sack.enable=0
>
> Which solved my problems. It would be interesting to see if this helps
> you also?

This will hide any of the real problems in most cases, not fix them.

> If so, it seems this issue is related to SACK and TCP order maybe? Hmm.

So you hadn't been following the threads here the last 6 weeks?

7-STABLE already has patches. See my other mails in here....

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.