A new tool to measure multicast performance...

gnn at freebsd.org gnn at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 3 10:04:25 UTC 2008

Howdy,

I have just finished updating a new tool in src/tools/tools/mctest
which is a multicast test program.  The mctest program works by
sending packets from a source to a sink over using a multicast address
and then the sink reflects the packets it receives back to the
source.  The source records the transmission and reception time of
each packet and reports the round trip time, which the sink prints out
the time between packets, in microseconds.  The program is best used
to debug ethernet drivers as well as our multicast and UDP code.

For more information please read the manual page.

Sorry, IPv6 is not supported as yet, only IPv4.

Best,
George