Quagga as border router

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Sep 24 02:05:44 PDT 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:10:06 -0700
"Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net> wrote:

> Ever run into a non-existent 'olive'?
Hi Kevin,
I dont understand :)

> Or even a J series Juniper?
> Juniper put together a very impressive software based routing system
> that is FreeBSD based.

Yes, I know of this, but ... I see that Richard has touched what I was going to
ask, whether Juniper has extended the fbsd network code or simply used FBSD as
the base to build their own system.

It's the along the same lines as saying that OS-X was built from FBSD, isn't
it ?

If what you mean is "look at Juniper's cool/great routing software , using
freebsd as a starting point - that kind of thing is what we should try to
build" , excellent, that's the kind of answer i was trying to get from
someone...what are we aiming for...

thanks for your time :)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Produce great people, the rest will follow."
  Elbert Hubbard

Warned.