icmp echo_user

Matus Harvan mharvan at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 31 06:57:24 PDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 01:47:09AM +0100, Matus Harvan wrote:
[...]
> In case icmpechouser is enabled
>
> * should the packet be dropped if it was multicast/broadcast and
>   icmpbcastecho is disabled?
>
>   I guess yes.

Thinking about this again, I think the bmcastecho meaning is about
generating repleis rather than receiving requests. From icmp(4):
     bmcastecho      (boolean) Enable/disable ICMP replies received via broad-
                     cast or multicast.  Defaults to false.

Hence, I don't think that the packet should be dropped even if
icmpbcastecho is disabled.

Hence, I think it would be OK to keep the 'goto raw' at the beginning
(as it was in the patch I have sent) rather than moving it down to the
'goto reflect'.

Matus