pppoa connection

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass at teledomenet.gr
Fri Oct 26 00:46:46 PDT 2007

flakey fingers...

On Friday 26 October 2007 10:06:30 Kim Shrier wrote:
> Other people successfully use this modem to connect to their ISP
> when the ISP accepts pppoe connections and the modem is configured
> as a bridge.  Unfortunately, my ISP doesn't support pppoe, only
> pppoa.

The only way to do PPPoA is to have a device that does the DSL and
ATM layers and handles the rest to FreeBSD. There is a chapter in
the handbook that covers this, but of course it mentions specific
devices and I think there would a very small number of devices
that you can use with FreeBSD to do PPPoA.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/pppoa.html

Nikos