are DMZ's out of vogue

Stephen Clark Stephen.Clark at seclark.us
Wed Oct 3 05:09:27 PDT 2007

Hi List,

Our in house network configuration is using FreeBSD for our firewall. We
currently have it setup with
3 interfaces a public, private and DMZ. We our moving to a new facility
and our network engineer
says nobody is using DMZs any more and wants to just do NAT redirects
from our FreeBSD firewall
to servers on the private network. These servers were on the DMZ in our
current configuration.

Does this make sense? Is it true that DMZ's have fallen out of vogue?

Sorry for the off topic post.

Thanks for any input,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)