tcp md5 checksums broken in 7.0-beta3

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon Nov 26 15:18:54 PST 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Nick Hilliard wrote:

Hi,

> Are TCP MD5 checksums working at all in freebsd7.0-beta3? I've got two
> physically identical machines, one running 6.2 and the other 7.0-beta3.
> Both are running quagga 0.99.9 with the md5 patch.  On the 6.2 box, packets
> are being correctly tagged, according to tcpdump (with the print-tcp.c
> memcmp() patch).
> Looks like collateral damage from some other change to the tcp code between
> 6.2 and 7.0.

not that this should fix your problem but you might want to start with
this patch:

http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/sys-netinet-tcp-syncache.c-20071126-01.diff

I'll try to find your bug the next days (in case you find anything let
me know).

I don't know how much quagga does these days but policies are setup
correctly on both machines and you are not finding any failed SADB
lookup warninge in dmesg on the 7 machine?

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.