Broadcom NetXtreme II BMC5708 no carrier

supportsobaka at mail.ru supportsobaka at mail.ru
Mon Nov 26 14:15:34 PST 2007

Hello

PY> It seems that mii_ticks is not kicked at all in auto-negotiation
PY> phase. From the output of forced 1000baseSX media configuration I
PY> guess BRGPHY_BMSR_ACOMP bit in BRGPHY_MII_BMSR is not updated on
PY> 5708S. Mabe davidch know better what's going on 5708S. (CCed)
PY> How about attached patch? I don't have the hardware so it's just a
PY> guess work.

Thank you Pyun for patch.
Yesterday we applied benno's patch (here info
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=118238) with good result.
After patching, autoselect was set half-duplex. We did some benchmarks for ethernet.
if autoselected half-duplex, than errors on interface.
But we use ifconfig mediaopt to set full-duplex.
And no errors or collisions was founded, so we think it
is possible to use on productions.
But we will try your patch tomorrow too.