dualstack IPv4/IPv6 ADSL PPPoE configuration?

Alexander Motin mav at mavhome.dp.ua
Thu Nov 15 02:54:53 PST 2007

Kevin Bortis wrote:
> I tried ppp with autoconf IPv6, but without success. Now I test
> FreeBSD 7 Beta2 and mpd5 from the ports collection.
>
> If I run /usr/local/sbin/mpd5, there is a line: [L1] rec'd unexpected
> protocol IPV6CP, rejecting
>
> So here is my question: Is the provider rejecting the IPV6CP package
> or is this rejecting local.

It is you.

> I searched in the mpd5 manuals, but there is not much written about IPv6.

It's just because there is nothing to say. There are very few
configuration options for ipv6.

> Regards Kevin
>
> PS: If someone knows a source for mpd5 manuals and docs, please post.
> I tried to get answers in the mpd-user mailinglist, but I think I am
> the only user :-)

Latest manuals is here:
http://mpd.sourceforge.net/doc5/mpd.html
Also mpd installs manuals in /usr/local/share/... directory.

Mailinglist is almost dead due to huge amount of spam there. Use mpd
project forum at sourceforge.

> #mpd.config:
>
>        set ipv6cp enable

This command is incorrect. You should see error messages about this in
logs. This command should be pronounced as 'set bundle enable ipv6cp'.

--
Alexander Motin