TCP problems after 124 days of uptime?

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 24 18:25:47 UTC 2007

  Yesterday two of our web servers running 6.2-PRERELEASE experienced
problems with accepting TCP connections. A small percentage of SYN
packets was ignored. The packets were seen in tcpdump output, but not
processed by TCP stack. No accept queue overflows occured, according
to 'netstat -sp tcp'.

Failing to find any clue I have rebooted one of them, and after
reboot is started to work flawlessly. Reboot also helped the second
one. Both servers were booted at the same time - 124 days ago.

Any ideas, any similar reports?

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE