re0 panic on FreeBSD 6.2

Ed df at bsd.it
Thu Mar 22 16:25:09 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have just installed 6.2 on a new laptop. I tried FreeSBIE too.
The short version of the story is that as soon as I touch ifconfig to set the
gigabit ethernet card (recognized as re0) the system panics...
It happens always. Same error, same addresses, everything seems 100%
repeatable here.

Browsing the changelog of the driver I saw that there could already be a fix
available (Revision 1.46.2.24), but there have been too many changes to the
driver since 6.2 release to use a diff from RELENG_6 version.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/re/if_re.c?only_with_tag=RELENG_6

Is there any plan to backport this fix to RELENG_6_2?
I am ready to test a patch, if you can fix this problem.

Thanks.